Modular travel system designs are a mom’s best friend, and if they are as cheap as the Evenflo Pivot Modular, the better! I hope you find our Evenflo Pivot Modular Travel System review helpful in helping you find the right travel system.
The Evenflo Pivot Modular Travel System includes everything you are going to need for your baby from infancy to the time they are ready to hit the school. It’s been loaded with features that make it goddamn versatile; it converts to a pram, a travel system, or a toddler stroller, whichever suits your fancy. And what is more, it comes with the Evenflo SafeMax infant car seat, how cool!
Let’s break down the nooks and cranny using our review of the Evenflo Pivot Modular Travel System, but without swirling in the deep, nerdy stuff.
The Pivot Modular transforms into a bassinet very easily. Use the one-handed lever to push the back down, then undo the buckle underneath the seat, and the Pivot Stroller converts into a pram bassinet environment or Carrycot.
To make the Carrycot even easier to grab, remove the snack tray from the bumper bar then fit the bumper bar back into position. The pram goes up and down smoothly when you turn it into a toddler seat.
What is lovely about the pram is that it can go up and down when you use a toddler seat. And what’s even more lovely is there are two ways to adjust the position of the basinet: You can choose to lower or lift the whole bassinet or recline the backrest just a little bit using a strap.
You can also reverse the pram such that the child faces you and lift the canopy, so they stay protected from horrible weather. There’s no footrest at the bottom of the seat, though, but you are going to love the rubberized fabric where the feet and shoe rest – it’s easy to clean. There’s also a foot-muff cover for your baby’s feet.
The seat can accommodate up to 50 pounds and measures 12-inches wide with a 17-inch seatback. It also features an adjustable 5-point harness with easy-to-use buckles that pop open with the push of a button.
When the baby has developed neck and head control and can finally sit unassisted, you can move him/her to the toddler mode. The toddler seating position can be flat or inclined too. For comfortable naps when strolling, lower the seat all the way down. This full recline position also makes diaper-changing easy.
The toddler seat boasts of a foam-covered handlebar that is positioned 40-inches from the ground and not adjustable. On the side of the handlebar is a removable parent cup holder that holds into position well even when folding the toddler seat.
Evenflo Safe-Max Infant Car Seat
The last part of the Evenflo 3-in-1 Pivot Modular Travel System is the new-born baby seat option. The Safe-Max Infant car seat comes with a Safe-Zone Base that you can keep in you. It also features a carrying handle for lifting the seat in and out of your vehicle. The seat is impressively lightweight (at 8lbs), and even with the baby in it, you can still comfortably lift it by the carrying handle.
Evenflo SafeMax Infant Car Seat is suitable for 4-35 lbs babies. It easily installs in the car in a single click; no adapters are needed. Safety features include the impact-absorbing base, soft fabric, and the anti-rebound bar that stops forward motion during accidents. There’s also a cushioned head and back support.
The 50 lbs maximum weight means you still get to use the infant car seat in your stroller until the baby is old enough for the toddler seat. The sitting position can be forward or rear-facing.
Now that you are familiar with the Evenflo Pivot modular design let’s lack at hits and misses.
How does the Evenflo Pivot Modular Excel?
- 3-in-1 Design– The ability to convert from an infant to toddler and bassinet carrycot makes this a mom’s best friend. No adapters are needed to fit the Evenflo SafeMax infant car seat onto the stroller frame.
- The Price– A high-quality, durable, safe, and modular travel system costs less than $300.
- Extra-large storage basket – Underneath the pivot is a basket that can take up to 3 children diaper bags, blankets, etc. You can access the basket both from the front and back of the stroller.
- Bumper bar with snack tray– The Pivot Modular features a removable bumper bar with a snack tray. The bumper bar is not swing-away but comes off easily by the push of a button. The tray too can be removed, and the bumper bar turns into a nice carrying handlebar.
- The rubberized footrest fabric– The fabric where the feat and shoe rest is easy to clean.
- The peek-a-boo window on the canopy– There’s meshed ventilation for air to reach the baby. This see-through fabric also allows the parent to take a peek at the baby when the seat is front-facing.
- The Ergonomic handlebaris well padded and only 40-inches high from the ground, making it comfortable even for short and average-height parents.
Where the Pivot Travel System Modular Design Fails
While the Evenflo Pivot multi-functional design, you can expect some inconveniences from the following features:
- The canopy– While it’s a 3-panel canopy with a mesh peek-a-boo window, it’s doesn’t go all the way to the baby bumper guard.
- The smooth-surface wheels– The Pivot stroller spots cruiser tires that are good for smooth urban surfaces only. The front-wheel swivel but cannot be locked so maneuverability issues may arise. Therefore, while the Pivot Modular is a delightful urban stroller, it cannot handle uneven gravel pathways and streets.
- The double-action brakes– The Pivot Modular uses a double action brake located next to the rear wheels. The wheels have to be locked independently. And while the brakes lift and press quickly, the system could do well with a single-action brake.
- Foldability– While the Pivot Modular folds quickly into a slim profile for transportation in the car trunk when it comes to decompressing, both hands have to be used.
- The 40-inch high un-adjustable handlebar is not convenient for 6ft 3” parents.
To sum up, while the Pivot Modular could do with a little upgrade for all-terrain use, for city moms, this 3-in-1 travel system delivers as promised and doesn’t cost a fortune. The convertible seat is a wonderful concept: From one piece of gear, you’ve got two seating options as the toddler seat transforms into a bassinet environment. The Pivot Modular could be your primary accessory!
I hope you found our Evenflo Pivot Modular Travel System review helpful. You can find your travel system here on Amazon.